Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hard time of year.

I hope this post finds all of you happy, healthy, and excited about the new year having had a wonderful Christmas! I know I certainly did! :) I'm not going to write about one specific call this time because to be honest I don't know which one I would choose. The holiday season can be a very hard time in EMS. It is, believe it or not, the time when we have more deaths/suicides than any other time of the year. That rule has certainly held true this year as I have run more codes this month than I have all year. It is really sad and I'm not sure exactly why this happens. Some ideas that float around are that it is a high stress time of the year, people are sad or depressed that they don't have family around, or even that the diet of the average American is fattening to say the least during the time period of Thanksgiving to New Years. Whatever the case may be it is very sad to see so many people lose their lives in what could be the most happy and exciting time of year as we celebrate the birth of out Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment