Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life is so fragile

I think that sometimes we have the belief that because we are young nothing is going to happen to us and we can do anything. I was sadly reminded of how precious life is and that it truly does not matter at what age we are, but when God deems it our time to go there is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop it. A couple weeks ago Eric and I ran a call for a 16 year old that was killed in an unexpected accident. The medical personnel did all they could, but still our patient did not make it. I thought to myself, "What is the purpose of this?" It makes me realize that my skills are a gift that God allows me to use and if He wants to bless them or not it is His choice. I was watching a play recently and in a scene there was a man laying in a hospital bed and though the Doctors were doing everything they could the man was dying. In the play, Jesus came in to the room as the Doctors were working. Jesus touched him and the flat line on the heart monitor jumped back to normal. It made me think how many times this happens. I know it has happened to me personally many times as I have been working on my patient and when nothing seems to help I start praying for them and their condition turns around. "Live everyday as it is your last," is one of my favorite sayings because no matter how old you are you never know how many more days God is going to bless you with and you should treasure the time you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment